Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 8: The Grief and Joy

During this week we have been exposed to different online teaching tools.Among these is Hot Potatoes,which has amazing features to enable teachers create various types of exercises.The cross puzzle games is also a great site,which I intend to use with my students.I've successfully created a match exercise in easy testmaker and I will be using it with my ICT students for the project.

We are also introduced to ANVILL,Language lab and the initiator of the project,Jeff Magonto.He enlightened us about the different,overwhelming features of the lab.Unfortunately I wasn't that luck to join the Friday webinar to see and listen to the participants(tutors and classmates),but I hope there will be a recording of the event.


One of the most painful moments for me when I realized the contradiction between my project plan time line( assumingly at the beginning of the semester,the 10th of March),and the due date for the final project( the 9th of March).So,the first thing I did early this morning was to meet the dean of the college(ICT) and explained to him that due to time constraints I may need to start few days earlier(4th of March ;Today)than the set schedule for my plan.He,again was cooperative to let me use the internet lab for the initial steps of the project,if the students won't mind coming despite thier vaccation.Being successful to contact some of them on their mobile phones,they show their pleasure and readiness to start a little bit earlier.Showing up on the lab few hours later,we were successful to create the class blog and the wiki as well.In spite of the sadness I felt at first the dean's understanding and the students' eagerness and interest to help initiate this project gave me all the joy.So thank you dean,students and lab technician(M.Siddiq) for making it possible.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Hind,
    I liked the title of this post a lot, and it attracted me to read the comment and figure out the paradox.
    What a painful moment it is! Thank God all conflicts were resolved.
    Wishing you joy forever.
    Best regards,
    Nihmat, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nihmat for being so compassionate and caring.Wish you all the luck and joy,too

      Delete
  2. Dear Hind,

    I am happy that you have the support of your Dean. It is very rewarding and encouraging when you are luck to have such support. I also applaud your great efforts in motivating your students to adhere to the project and take active part in it.

    Best of luck with your project.

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hassan for passing by.It is really rewarding and encouraging to find such a support.Thanks again for your encouraging comments and I hope that this project would help solve my students' problems.This will be the ever rewarding result.

      Delete
  3. Nihmat,
    That is awesome that you were able to actually start with your students a few days early. You know, you could have done the plan! I am truly impressed with your motivation and dedication!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi for your words.I really wanted the project to see the light before the end of the course,at least the initial steps of it.I'm happy that,with the help of my partners(dean,students and lab technician)we have been successful to meet that end.So thank you all for your encouragement.and wish us all the joy and luck.

      Delete